Monday 25 June 2007

Regatta Report - Lake Garda, Italy

Apologies for not updating the last few days - I have been very busy!

Firstly a sailing update.

Today was the first 2 heats for the Moth World Champs, and the day started very well. For only his 2nd race in a Moth ever, Debaser ended up in 5th spot! Nice work babe.

Unfortunately, as I soaked up the sun on my deck chair I looked out to see a sorry looking John being towed back in by the rescue boat during what was supposed to be the 2nd race... Yes, a DNF. The rudder broke adding to the mountain of other breakages so far. If the boat stays together, he will do very well.

Overall, Team Bladerider did ridiculously well. Race 1 they got all of the top 5 places. Race 2 top 3 places also went to Bladerider.

Down at the club I have made friends with the other WAGS (wives and girlfriends), so check out our daily report at UK Moth Site
(it is very amusing).

Remember, for more sailing updates check out the UK Moth site and Scotts blog above.

In terms of touring news, I have done some MONSTER walks. On Saturday I walked up a massive mountain - just me, the Ipod, and the occasional sweaty German with Hiking Stocks. When I got to the chapel Santa Barbara there was a nice German who took a photo of me for evidence. You should see this Mountain! It is huge . The track is very steep and rough and the side drops off 2,000 metres into the lake... a little scary at times.

Today I convinced 4 other WAGS to come for a walk "to a Waterfall"... and we got a little lost. We ended up walking around a mountain, up to some georgeous little villages, past a waterfall (well, we heard it anyway) then back to Riva. All up, a 4.5hr walk! I will note, however, that it was a team effort in getting lost, also assisted by the friendly Italian road worker who gave us a lift out of the bush and onto a road in the middle of nowhere. At the time we thought he was doing us a favour! Very amusing and we made it back to the club in time to catch the sailing from our sun beds.

More fun to continue over the coming days, so stay tuned! (and please keep your fingers and toes crossed for John and Debaser!)

1 comment:

Comyn Family said...

Looks wonderful, still raining here, so I would stay there! Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Summer in Europe- bliss!