Saturday 30 June 2007

Nearing the end...

Last day of regatta today.

Yesterday spots 2 and 1 were decided. Rohan (AUS) smashed the field with 8 wins so far and Scott (AUS) secured 2nd spot. Team Bladerider are smashing them all!

The good news is that John is battling it out for 5th or 6th spot - amazing considering most of these other Mothies have been sailing these boats for years and years and years.

The last 2 days have been windy and choppy with 3 races a day. Consequently John has been stuffed at the end! Today will be 2 races to finish the series.

Thursday I went boating with Sandy and Andrew again and it was a bit chilly! I later found out that because of the unusual conditions (see entry below), the water temperature had dropped by 13 degrees over night!!!!!!! Yep, just because of the wind. Not only does this make it cold, but the foils cavitate in cold water = lots of capsizes!

Yesterday the water was significantly warmer than Thursday and back to normal. I joined team WAG on the RIB. I turned up looking like I was about to do the Hobart in wet weather pants and jacket. They laughed, but as soon as we got out there they all followed too! Laugh all they want.

We had the photographer in the boat so were in the thick of the action. And I got heaps of pics too.

Very exciting that Robbie T is turning up this morning to join me in the RIB. He is a potentially new Mothie...?

Anyway, I will let you know the wrap-up after today's racing... later!

No comments: