Wednesday 2 April 2008

My new job... as Moth Worlds Media Officer!

Yep, I am not really sure how it happend... but it did. And you know what - I'm up for the challenge! It will be lots of work but I think it will be fun.

I'm into it - got my lists and spreadsheets going already!

Of course I expect everyone to read the daily race reports and will be sure to upload photos.

I probably don't need more work on top of my 12hr days... but oh well.

The biggest problem is having time to read all the various Moth web sites and blogs that are updated almost daily! Besides, I will need to be up on all the goss before I get there...

Stay posted.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Dear Alex,

I'm certain you know about news aggregators, but having one seems pretty much mandatory for keeping up with the blogfusion in Mothdom, and you mentioned having trouble keeping up.

I use SharpReader which is no-frills but super simple to use and works great.
http://www.sharpreader.net/

You just go to the bottom of any blog, copy the "RSS" or "Atom" link, paste it into the address bar in SharpReader, then click "subscribe" and the program will let you know when anything new is posted to that blog via a little pop-up window on your screen. One stop shopping, as it were.

Thanks in advance for your media efforts.

Anonymous said...

Aloha Alex Harris-Sama, Gambarre Nei/ Imua Ka Kou, we wish you and John-san the very sweetest of Glides.

Keep your busy,busy schedules connected and totally balanced and "stay Foilborne- We Hope and pray for you to Continue the GoodWorks as new Moth Worlds Media Officer. Hope to see you and John in Hawaii March 2009 for our first Internationale Moth Foiler Regatta in Kaneohe Bay-OK. Stay consistent, Keep Level and with the Even-Ride; and Continue-On with the Joyfull Sailing/Foiling "Sufilicious-Day" GOD-Speed -n- Aloha No Ka Kou Iruka-san (JMC).